Saturday, January 25, 2003

Dear Jesse Dayton,

Why San Diego? Why? Los Angeles loves you. I love you. (Will says that I cannot offer you sex for playing a show here, but we can just keep it quiet, OK?)

***

I just sent the following to Kirk, who has never read the Lord of the Rings and is concerned about whether Christopher Lee will be in the third movie.

I've read Fellowship and the first half of Two Towers. (The first half of the book is the Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli/Galdalf/etc half, the second half is Frodo/Sam/Gollum.) I have just gotten to the part of the book that takes place after the movie ends, so I can assure you that there will be more Christopher Lee, if Peter Jackson doesn't want me to beat him up.

I still like the first movie more, but nothing will ever rival the Helm's Deep battle scene. Seriously, if anyone ever tops that, I will probably die. (Will, who has read all three books many times, assures me that the third movie will, indeed, top it. I'd better start taking my heart medicine NOW.)