Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Totally useless.

In my Quest for More Knowledge, I decided to read up on both Waldorf and Montessori schools, both of which I have some knowledge of, but not very much. I really couldn't tell you the main differences between the two, and I'd like to be able to. Will and I have been talking about life, the universe, and everything quite a lot lately, and that includes our future children's educations. We have agreed on unschooling, but I confess that the cynic in me wants to be prepared to defend our choice. I also just like knowing stuff.

So I found a web page of a former unschooler, which included links to websites for both types of schools. Great, I thought, all I had to do was think about it and the information fell into my lap! Well, not so much. The sites were utterly, totally useless. Links that went nowhere, PDF files that crashed my browser, and FAQs with no answers. What the hell? I am very disappointed.

If anyone has useful links to information about either type of school, please let me know. If not, please scroll to the next entry, which is about a Very Important Person.