Friday, September 12, 2003

In which I whine a whole lot.

I think this should be in list form. I shall call the list This Week Sucked.

  1. Warren Zevon died. This was not unexpected, but that doesn't make it suck less.
  2. Will had a sucky week at work. Very busy, lots of thinking about the future.
  3. Will is going away for the weekend, for Alan's bachelor shindig. In and of itself, this is a good thing, but I hate being separated from him, especially considering everything else.
  4. My grandfather died. Not terribly unexpected, but very sad for my family. And - I realize this will sound callous - terribly timed. I spent the better part of a day worrying about travel arrangements. I still haven't worked out how I'll get to the airport, but that's the least of my worries. At least I have a ticket, thanks to Crystal. Orbitz made me cry.
  5. Johnny Cash died. Yet again, not unexpected. Doesn't make it less crappy.
  6. John Ritter died. NOOOOO! This one was totally unexpected and is just depressing as all hell. I don't know why it is upsetting me more than a death in my immediate family. I imagine I will be more upset about my grandpa once I actually see my Grandma and my cousins and Aunts and Uncles.
  7. The anniversary of the World Trade Center. I cried when reading this.
  8. I'm hungry. Trust me, when everything else sucks, this is a tragedy.