Saturday, July 03, 2004

An entry about my girl parts.

So, I have a yeast infection. It isn't that bad. I actually had one a few months ago that went away on its own, but apparently didn't go away completely, so I'm very annoyed. I probably should be annoyed with myself, because I didn't do anything to get rid of it the first time, but I hate unnecessarily medicating myself.

Well, this time I am using the Normal American method of ridding oneself of a yeast infection: over-the-counter suppositories.

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I've never used suppositories before. This is only the second yeast infection I've ever had (third if you count the one a few months ago separately) and the first time my herbalist friend gave me natural remedies that took care of it in swift order. Unfortunately I forget what herbs she gave me and I can't find her phone number. Besides, you don't call a friend you've been out of touch with for four years and say, "Yeah, gee, Lara, I miss you so much. How do I get rid of a yeast infection?"

So, the suppositories come with an applicator, not unlike a tampon applicator. I hate applicators for tampons, so I have no idea why I thought that this would be a good idea. Maybe because the applicator was longer than my finger, so I assumed it would put the medicine in the right place better than I could myself.

WRONG.

Let's just say that after one failed attempt, I rammed it up there manually and it worked just fine, but the leakage this morning was fucking disgusting.

And I have two more nights of this. Why didn't I buy the one-day treatment? Oh yeah, this one was fifty cents cheaper.