Saturday, July 16, 2005

An enigma burrito. With a side of mystery. Hold the cheese.

No, seriously, hold this cheese for me.

I have this problem where I can't stand anything but a happy ending. Joan Aiken's book about a minor character from Emma (I can't remember the girl's name offhand) DOES NOT have a happy ending. If you were wondering. I read it 12 years ago and I am still upset. I threw the book across the room. I would have destroyed it but it belonged to the library and even though I would have loved to protect other unsuspecting readers from my fate I just have too much respect for libraries. Anyway, "doing the right thing" when it means leaving the person you love just makes me sick. When I hear about people breaking up I often feel nauseated and slightly hysterical. I know from experience that a break-up can be survived (and usually is). But I also got my sweetheart back. (None of the other break-ups count, especially since I initiated most of them.)

Um, I forgot where I was going with this. I saved it as a draft and now my brain is elsewhere.