Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

I've been up since about four. I wake up every night to pee, and have varying degrees of success falling back to sleep � but I generally am successful, as long as the sun is not yet peering in the window. Last night (can I say "last" when it is still technically going on?) I woke up sometime between midnight and one, and again at four. It's the second one that gets you. After laying in bed, tossing and turning, for about an hour, I decided to get up before I woke up Will. And now here I am, reading blogs because I am really not together enough just yet to answer my emails.

In other news, last night the State of California bailed my ass out. We only filed our taxes a week ago, but our return appeared in the bank yesterday right around the time I miscalculated our groceries and would have put us into overdraft by 99 cents (incurring a $25 fee and making me cry). Yay! Now we can have fabulous non-essentials like haircuts and something semi-precious for me to wear while my wedding rings are too small. Oh, and also doctor visits and food. (It seems unfair that we are struggling even with my income added to the kitty. I should register a complaint.)

It seems to be light out now. How charming. I had a friend named Andrew many years ago who always got up early in the morning, no matter how late he'd been up. He didn't want to sleep through anything, only he said it much nicer than that. I always thought it was lovely, but now I'm not so convinced. I guess this is practice for the baby. So that's all right, if a bit frustrating because why can't I get some sleep now while I still can?

In still other news, I found out yesterday that two of our favorite people on the planet married each other last month. I feel that I ought to knit them something...any suggestions?