Friday, November 01, 2002

Note to self: Buy some film and a fucking flash for your camera. Preferably yesterday.

It was Halloween last night. I love Halloween. It seems like every year I love it more. I think this is due to Will's infectious enthusiasm.

Yesterday morning we got up at the crack of dawn (quarter to eight, actually), and Will showered. I opened the packages of the 'theatre' makeup I'd bought for 50 cents apiece at the drug store. He put on his (well rumpled) suit, and I chose a tie. By happy coincidence, it was a tie that Harriet had chewed the end of.

Will sat down on the kitchen stool (it's red! I love it) and I took my red lipliner and ran it over a flame. He looked frightened, moreso when I said, "Close your eyes." I lined his eyes very lightly with the red, then took black grease paint and lightly bruised the area around his eyes. After some deliberation, it was decided that this would include his eyelids. I should have mentioned that before I did this, I did his hair. I blowdried it, which made it really unmanageable. Perfect. I added some pomade, basically "trying" to style it like he usually does. Anyway, back to his face. He hadn't shaved in 2 days, so the streaky, light coating of white greasepaint had the exact effect I'd hoped for, and then some.

My boyfriend is* a zombie.

*was (he got better.)