Sunday, January 19, 2003

So, I'm watching the Golden Globes. I've never seen them before, and I'm impressed by how much more enjoyable than the Oscars they are. Maybe it's the combination of TV and movies, maybe it's the more casual environment (tables, people eating and chatting, etc.), maybe it's just that I'm a sap of an old woman...I don't know. Two speeches (so far) and one commercial have had me in tears. Please form your own conclusions.

I am terribly pleased by the fact that Old Hollywood seems to be returning. I have seen some of the loveliest hairstyles tonight. In particular I liked the woman who represented the Hollywood Foreign Press (the one who laughed at Brendan Fraser behind her hand after his flubbed delivery of her introduction). Dagmar Somethingorother. Stunningly beautiful, with very old fashioned style.

Oh! The clip from The Two Towers also made me tear up a bit.

In other news - a question: Am I totally insane for wanting to adapt Shirley Jackson's Life Among the Savages and Raising Demons as a mini-series?