Friday, December 05, 2003

People Are So Stupid. (Part 86 in a series)

I will continue my Land of Milk and Honey post, just not right now.

So, our car needs a new Timing Belt. Or, at least, something related to the Timing Belt needs to be fixed. I don't know, I'm not a mechanic. The regular mechanic that I took the car to identified the problem and called the dealership, who said that even though our warranty is expired, this is covered because it's part of the Emissions Control System. Yay! So I called the dealership and spoke to the same guy (Larry), making an appointment for today.

When Will arrived with the car this morning, he was told that the appointment was made incorrectly, and they couldn't take the car, and it was somehow My Fault. He glared at the guy a lot, and finally forced him to admit that I had made the appointment perfectly, but 5 of his mechanics were out due to the flu.

WHAT THE FUCK, MAN? Why didn't you just say so in the first place? As I understand it, he also tried to pawn off some of the responsibility on Larry, who no longer works there. Somehow, I have a feeling that this repair will NOT be covered by the warranty, and we are Royally Screwed. We'll find out Tuesday, when the Moron promises they will actually work on the car.

I cannot stand people who will lie to cover their asses, especially when it involves diverting blame to someone else, and especially when the truth wouldn't have made anyone look bad. It's a damn good thing I wasn't there, or this guy would be eating through a tube. (I speak metaphorically, of course.)