Wednesday, February 18, 2004

It's raining, it's pouring.

In the north-east, this would be a light drizzle. Here in Los Angeles, however, it is a torrential downpour. I'm cold. I'm wet. I had the porch doors open so that I could air the place out, as has become my morning habit. The damn rain came through the screen (amazing!) and soaked the carpet, which I had to walk across to close the door. I did the only reasonable thing, which was to turn on the heat.

I had nightmares all night. This tension about the wedding is really making it difficult for me to function. I am very close to pushing Will into the car and driving to Vegas. This makes me angry because I don't want to change the plans we've already made. I like the plans we've made. The dreams were so upsetting that when I woke up and tried to call to Will, "monkey" came out "mommy."

My friend Saria and her boyfriend may be coming over for breakfast, but I haven't heard from them yet. I am trying to decide if I ought to just eat something on my own. I'm not actually hungry, but something tells me food would help.

I think I might just watch a lot of TV today. Of course, it's daytime and we don't have cable, so it is DVD or nothing. Thank god for season 5 of Buffy and season 2 of Angel. I'm not really in the mood for either, but then, I'm not really in the mood for anything. Maybe I will watch Aliens and scare myself silly. Maybe I will allow reason to win and watch something comforting and un-scary, like Paper Moon.

Maybe I will follow through on yesterday's threat and spend all day in the bathtub.