Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Blah.

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes my way. I wish I could say it was a happy birthday, but in large part it was not. I'm still rather depressed and don't want to go into details. Since the only thing that would help is a rather large sum of money, please don't ask if you can do anything.

The good parts: Will and I had a delicious sushi lunch, and spent much of the evening watching my new Nero Wolfe DVDs. In a moment of rare second sight (unless it was coincidence) Will's parents sent me a gorgeous orchid. When I called to thank them, Will's mother assured me that even I could not kill it. We shall see. I'm doing all right in the resuscitation (again) of my fuchsia, so maybe she is right. I also received a miniature rose bush from Meghan and Mark. It is beautiful, and will most likely be the third rose bush that meets its end at my hand. I really don't know what is wrong with me - I had quite a green thumb as a child. My favorite gift by far (at least inasmuch as the giggles it produces from me every time I look at it) is the Punky Monkey t-shirt Jenn gave me. It's pink! And it has a Punky Monkey! I'll try to remember to take a picture. There were also several DVDs and some nice coffee accessories, and probably other things I am forgetting.

Speaking of forgetting, it's time to remove the countdown.

I'm going to go take some more B vitamins and try to force myself to eat now.