Friday, April 15, 2005

Bethysphere interviews Noirbettie

1) How many states have you visited? (Driving through them counts; having a layover does not.)
28 and a half.
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California. Plus the District of Columbia, which is the half. Italics denote states I have lived in. Oh! It is possible that I've driven through a corner of Colorado. I can't remember, so I'm not counting it.

2) What's your favorite piece of clothing?
Sweat pants, baby. Only they're called "yoga pants" now. I haven't done any yoga in over a year.

3) In your writing, do you find yourself doing most of it on computer or by hand? Do you think there's a difference in how you write depending on the medium?
Lately it's all been computer. For a long time I wrote best by hand. It may be a coincidence, but that's when I was writing short stories almost exclusively. I write by computer for blog entries (obviously, though I have written a few by hand on airplanes and such), screenplays, and lately just about everything else. However, I take notes and do outlines/treatments almost exclusively by hand.
There is a difference, but I'm not certain I can articulate it, beyond the fact that typing tends to be faster (and saves the step of transcribing later).

4) If I showed up on your doorstep today, what kinds of things would we do together? (Not that. Necessarily.)
Well, first I would scream and yell for about three hours because I would be so excited/surprised. Then I'd faint from hunger (yelling burns a lot of calories) and when I came to we'd go to one of my favorite restaurants. Your choice of cuisine. The best places I know are Ethiopian, Indian, Japanese (sushi), Greek, and Mexican. Well, the food at the Mexican place is decent, but the margaritas are killer. Mmmm, margarita. Then we'd get drunk and feel each other up. It is also possible that I'd drive you around and show you some of the cool stuff around town. And I would take you to see the Pacific.

5) What toppings do you not like on pizza?
Any meat. Mushrooms. I have not tried any sweet toppings, because it seems wrong. I only like fresh tomatoes if they're actually, you know, fresh, so I usually avoid them on pizza made by anyone but me.