Friday, September 16, 2005

I am having hysterics.

I called building management yesterday and left a message asking that someone come up and fix the screen door to our porch, which had come off its track. I described where we'd stashed the door, in case someone came while we were out.

I left the house at about 10:30 this morning and returned at 2:30. The door was not locked. Inside I found a maintenance slip stating that the work had been completed at 12:00. So my door was unlocked for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. Nothing appears to be missing, but I will have to basically inventory EVERYTHING I OWN.

To add insult to injury, the screen door was replaced on its track but the frame was bent so it doesn't open properly. So basically, shoddy worksmanship PLUS disregard for the safety of my belongings (and really, my person, as anyone could have been in here when I got home).

I called and left another message, demanding that the work be redone and an apology be issued.

Then I called Will in tears and demanded that he come home.

Is there anything else I should do? I see no point calling the police unless I discover anything missing. And even then, I am only going to do so as a formality before suing the pants off the management.

Please offer advice or calm me down or something.