Monday, December 22, 2003

Thank goodness that's done!

By which I mean Christmas shopping. After spending all day yesterday (slight exaggeration, but only slight) grocery shopping, we went and bought the last of our Christmas gifts today. This included a gift for ourselves. We had originally intended to just buy each other stocking stuffers, but neither of us was much in the mood for that, so we bought a really lovely serving dish set and a pretty ornament that is too heavy for the tree. We also bought cards, which I figure we will probably mail by my birthday (which is in July). Then we came home and I made my WD Secret Santa gift. It took me about five seconds - I hope the recipient doesn't notice. I think it came out very nice.

The whole gift-buying experience was quite painless, though I wish we'd been able to do it sooner. I dislike crowds.

I am sad to announce that Sean and Matt won't be coming for dinner tonight. All this means, though, is that the pork loin, in its Jerk marinade, will be deposited into the freezer for use at a later date. And that I will have to wait until January for Everwood spoilers. I am such a snob - I only take spoilers if I can get them from The Source.

Oh! I also had lunch today with Jenn and Chuck (Ghost from the WD). That was nice. I almost went into the Army recruiting office. Not to sign up (I'd go Air Force, I think), but because apparently if you ask for literature and soforth, they give you the Army first-person shooter computer game. I decided that I wasn't in the mood to bring Will a game that my computer probably can't handle, so I skipped it.