Friday, January 23, 2004

The Dirty Glass Song

Dropkick Murphys lyrics - The Dirty Glass song text

I swear to god, Dropkick Murphys has undergone more genre changes than any band ever.

My friend Tim (who might spell his name Tem) came over tonight. We've been friends since I was 14, though we lost touch for a while. Now he's married and has babies and stuff and his job brings him to LA a few times a year.

We had a splendid time, but that isn't why I am writing. I dropped him off a little while ago, and on the way home I switched to the radio. I heard the Best Song Ever, something like the Pogues. I became as obsessed as one can become with a song that ends as you pull into your garage, when your DSL connection and google searching skills are only three floors away.

To my surprise, it was Dropkick Murphys. I have yet to recognise a song of theirs, because every single one I've ever heard sounds like a different band. (And I've been hearing their songs for years.)

I think I am going to have to buy the album that this song is on. It is just that good. And I never buy music anymore.