Tuesday, March 02, 2004

VOTE.

Today is Big Tuesday, or Splendid Tuesday, or Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Tuesday, or something. A bunch of states, including the one I live in, are voting in the Democratic Primary election right now. My state (California) is also voting on four propositions, all of which strike me as terrible ideas.

Now. I'm not a registered Democrat; because I don't like either party, I registered Undeclared. However, I can vote on the Democratic ballot if I request it. Of course, my plan to request it sort of centered around the fact that I was crazy about Howard Dean, who dropped out. So I am tempted not to vote at all. When Will said goodbye to me this morning, after bringing me a glass of water, he said he was off to vote and he looked unhappy about it (he really doesn't follow politics, lucky bastard), so I told him not to. If he doesn't care about the propositions or the local elections (even I don't care a fig about the local elections), and the Democratic hopefuls are all the same to him, I don't think he ought to (have to) vote.

I do think that I ought to vote, but I really don't feel like walking to my polling place. It's about twice as far away as the place where we voted in October (against the recall, thank you very much). I am lazy and out of shape and bitter about Dean.

Grrr. I'll let you all know what I decide to do. And I have lots more to say about the Oscars, which I may or may not get around to saying later today.