Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Putting the FUN in DisFUNctional.

The other day we saw a sign that said something like "Keep Christ in Christmas." I found it completely ridiculous, since I doubt that even the most staunch of atheists is going to go to the trouble to get the spelling changed. (Though Jess did point out that there is no Christ in Creesmoos, which I can't spell at all.)

I am super-depressed that our friends are gone, so this won't be much of an update. Suffice to say that I adored the 'new' people (not really new, just new in-person) and cried when Katherine left. No slight intended to anyone else - with Katherine, I know that it could be three years again before our next get-together. I mean, I doubt it, because I just won't stand for it, but it was between our last two meetings. Heath and Jess could easily be our best friends. You know, the people that you just spend all of your time with because you get along so effortlessly. Will and Heath in particular clicked, to the point that we think they should team up as a comedy duo or something. And Mindi is at least as lovely in person as I thought she would be, which is pretty damn lovely (and I am not just talking about how pretty she is).

I won't write about the people who stayed elsewhere yet, because there were a lot of them and I am tired, sore (horsies on Monday) and grumpy (see above, re: our friends leaving).

I can't believe it is Christmas on Saturday. I hope Baby Jesus doesn't mind if I am a little put out.

I have to go make my WD Secret Santa present now. I predict that it will be lame, particularly since I have Appendices to watch when I am finished with it.