Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Disgruntled housewife.

In addition to being the name of a website I am rather fond of, the above describes me right now.

It is quarter past nine. I have not seen my husband since just before eight-thirty this morning, when he left for a breakfast meeting with his boss and an agent. He had drinks (and I hope dinner) with a writer after work and is not home yet.

I am super stressed out because he deserves a pretty major promotion at work but may be overlooked for the position. At the very least he ought to get a fat pay raise, but that isn't looking good either and DAMN IT, it is almost Christmas. And I don't have a job, still, because I am too picky, for one thing, and too lazy for another. But I do have an idea for a business I'd like to start. Of course, those tend to not involve, you know, profits, at least not at first, so I am not feeling very optimistic about it.

I just want him to come home now! Other than the stuff I mentioned above I am pretty darn happy these days. I mean - Christmas! Friends visiting! Et cetera! But I am feeling kind of lonely right this second.