Monday, May 23, 2005

Simon Says

On Sunday morning I woke up at about 7:00. This is actually quite normal for me lately, but it was really unnecessary at that precise moment. I identified the problem as unbearable heat, so turned on the AC. It's been in the 90s or so lately. Yucky. But I still couldn't sleep, so I decided the sunlight was also an issue. As I still haven't hung the drapes and one of the vertical blinds is broken, creating a permanent gap, there was really nothing to be done about the window. Luckily, I bought an eye mask at Victoria's Secret a while back. I didn't really think it would be practical, because it's so pretty, but I must have been wrong because the next thing I knew it was 10:30 and I felt better than I have in months.

This morning I woke up at 4:00. This, too, is fairly normal, because my bladder has been all wacky of late. (The previous sentence may contain TMI.) I peed, and when I returned to bed I made a horrible discovery: the full moon was directly outside our window. Shining right at my face! Turning away did nothing! It was SO FUCKING BRIGHT!!! So I donned my mask again and fought crime until Will's alarm woke me up at the somewhat more dignified hour of 6:45, after which I catnapped until about 7:30, which has been my normal time to get up lately.

I love this thing so much. I totally want to take a nap just so I can use my mask! Well, and also because I'm exhausted, but that can't really be from lack of sleep so I'm ignoring it.