Monday, May 16, 2005

Oh, grumble. And besides that - grumble!

Or perhaps I should just say, Curses; foiled again.

I am very, very lazy. Will and I have been married, um...Seven months. To the day, in fact. I took his name. I have changed my name everywhere but the DMV (well, and my Victoria's Secret card, but I try to pretend that doesn't exist), so my ID has my maiden name and my bank card, credit cards, and so forth my married name. (Oh, I didn't change stuff like my library card, either. It never occurred to me. But these asides are weakening my story, which has its basis in the idea that I changed everything but my driver's license.) I haven't had any major problems yet, particularly since my maiden name is now my middle name. I was planning to go to the DMV in March, but had to keep my maiden name on my ID because we were flying to DC in April and I got my ticket under the name that was on my ID, for obvious reasons. I have been meaning to fill out the forms and get another crappy picture taken ever since. Now we have plane tickets for July, mine in my married name, so I really need to get a move on.

I had lunch with Will and Dee, which was very nice, and then drove myself to the DMV. I'm sure you can guess what's coming - they were closed. Of course. Because it is Monday. And of course, I have no idea whether I will be able to use the car any other day this week. And of course, I am already cutting it close.

Poop.

UPDATE: Forms filled out, picture and thumbprint taken, temporary license in hand.