Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Abortion makes me want to cry.

I'm going to try not to get all preachy or debate-y. Your opinion is welcome as long as it is extremely respectful. However, please understand that I will censor comments if I feel the need.

I am twelve weeks pregnant. I am totally, completely head-over-heels in love with this tiny baby growing inside of me.

The mention of abortion makes me hyperventilate.

Today was Election Day. California voted on 8 propositions, most of which sucked. I voted No on everything but...um, I forget.

Prop 73 would amend the constitution to require parental notification and consent before girls under 18 could get an abortion.

I would love to live in a world where no young woman would be without her parents' love and support when faced with a decision as serious as a pregnancy. BUT WE DON'T.

I believe that outlawing abortion is legalizing the slavery of women. I make this statement with no hyperbole. I think it is slavery to force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

As of 9:46, with nearly 30% of precincts reporting, the measure is passing by 1,350,110 to 1,340,255. The gap is narrowing.

I hope by the time you click this link it will be reversed.