Saturday, December 17, 2005

I am so far behind I could almost give up.

I am still trying to accomplish things I meant to do on Tuesday...and probably would have if I hadn't been on the phone all day trying to get the correct information to all parties (including myself) so that the car theft would be the smallest possible ordeal. Well, if this is the smallest possible, anyone suffering through a bigger ordeal has probably expired from the stress.

I feel guilty for even taking the time to type a blog entry, but the shops are closed and my eyes will not focus on M's manuscript anymore today despite the strong talking-to I gave them.

I feel as though the only thing I have accomplished is mailing the Christmas cards - and they were ready almost two weeks ago, lacking only stamps. So I can barely even blame the mugging. Logically I know that I've gotten lots of other stuff done too, but it is easy to be hard on myself - and sadly on Will too; I had a bit of a meltdown on the poor guy earlier today.

On the plus side we were able to spend the morning with dee for her birthday, which was so very nice. We met some of her friends and had good food and a walk on Venice Beach. Will and I were the first of the group to leave and I felt bad because it is her birthday - but we had so much to do. All things I should have done this week but could not. We barely got started on the list but we can get a lot done tomorrow, and Monday if needs be.

In a moment of pure selfishness I asked Will to buy me a maternity top or two. None of my shirts cover my belly anymore, and I am just not happy wearing Will's t-shirts in public. We went to the Gap and found a couple of camisoles with built-in shelf bra and a super-cute top that I can wear on Tuesday. Oh, what's happening on Tuesday? I'm meeting my bloggy friend Yvonne, that's what. It's taking every ounce of restraint in my body to keep from typing this in all caps. She is getting together with two of her other bloggy friends and invited me along and I am SO EXCITED.

But first I must sleep. I feel as though I could sleep all night and through tomorrow into Monday, but that is probably an exaggeration.

Will took a picture of me and dee at brunch, which I will try to post tomorrow.