Monday, December 12, 2005

Rebuilding.

Despite the fact that technology has UTTERLY FAILED ME in the form of randomly wiping out every single bookmark I've collected over the last year and a half, I have swung full-tilt into Mad Scientist Mode, making my bookmarks better, stronger, faster. I was able to import my old (very old) IE bookmarks as well as go through my history (which I swear I set to 90 days but it must have decided 20 was a better number, the cockbiter), which gave me an excellent start. I remember most of the blog addresses of my regular reads, and I imagine that the ones I miss will free up some of my time. I am most disappointed about the hours and hours of research I did for various writing projects - I saved everything I found to my bookmarks, foolishly believing that would be sufficient. It wouldn't be so awful if I could remember what I'd looked up. Le sigh. That aside, I really feel that my new, improved bookmarks will be vastly superior to the old, cluttered ones.

If you know of any fabulous sites that you think I'd like, feel free to pass them along. For instance, I used to have a lot of little online boutiques bookmarked.