Sunday, January 25, 2004

This just in! PBS is on crack.

In order to own the DVD (Digitally Restored!) of Anne of Green Gables, I would have to fork over $40. I'm sure that does not include shipping.

Now, I love this movie like I love butter, and would gladly pay just about any amount if I had it. But honestly - it is only one of the movies, and to get the whole series I would only have to pay $100-200 on pledge day...if I could catch them on a pledge day when they were featuring Anne. And while I suspect that money paid to ShopPBS goes toward the support of PBS series, I don't know.

Also, I am very disappointed in the complete lack of available items featuring Mister Rogers. I knew I should have contributed last weekend when they were giving away the documentary. It's no Mister Rogers' Opera, but nothing really is.

Maybe I ought to continue to limit my purchases to the Frontline series.

Now is the time on Soundtrack when we dance.