Thursday, March 04, 2004

What the HELL?

Google owns Blogger, right? (Right.) And while Blogger does not offer built-in comments, surely they are aware that people install them on their own. I think that they even provide suggestions for commenting systems.

Google provides the Google Toolbar, which includes BlogThis! and a pop-up blocker. I love my pop-up blocker. I have it set to allow pop-ups on Buffyguide only, which means that I don't get very many pop-ups.

Today, a weird thing happened. My pop-up blocker started blocking comments on Blog*Spot blogs. Blog*Spot being, of course, the free Blogger host. This has never happened before. It isn't a pop-up! I have to manually tell the page that I want the comments to, well, pop up. Is it a JavaScript thing? Is it me? It's all right, you can tell me if it is.

*cries*