Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Buco thinks he is a sportscar.

Alternate title: Adventures in driving in Los Angeles.

We drive a 2000 Mazda Protege. It's a great car. And it's metal colored, which means that the months and months between visits to the carwash don't show until it gets really gross. It's an automatic, but it doesn't seem aware of that. It has terrific pick-up, better than some manual transmitions I've driven. I love stopping at a red light next to some tricked out car whose driver is revving the engine, because nine times out of ten I can get up to full speed faster.

That was nearly my downfall today.

You see, Buco and I like to drive fast when the Weezer is playing on the stereo and the windows are down.

Today I was driving across 3rd in the right lane. I stopped at a light. There was a nice big white and black sedan next to me. The light turned green. My foot said "GO!" In the knick of time, my brain said "COP!"

More stories to come.