Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Good stuff.

Yesterday I bought the juiciest, reddest, ripest strawberries on earth. About half a flat of strawberries, in fact. This begs the question, what am I going to do with them? The answer is either eat them as quickly as possible or freeze some of them - I haven't decided yet. I have managed to make a mighty large dent in them already. Deeee-licious.

Also yesterday I cleaned the kitchen. I didn't quite finish the dishes (there were a lot) and I swept the floor but haven't cleaned it yet. It's pretty gross and I think it requires the hands-and-knees-with-a-sponge method, which I wasn't quite up for after scrubbing all of the counters and completely cleaning the coffee machine.

I've been cleaning up (er, more figuratively) both computers as well. Didn't know we had two computers? That's OK, I usually forget. The other one is a laptop that didn't work very well or have any useful programs on it. I uninstalled almost everything, and installed Office (Thanks, Jenn!), and it is already running better. Now if I could only figure out the weirdness with the mouse. It has a built-in mouse, of course - one of the nubby ones in the middle of the keyboard - and an external laser mouse installed. Jimmy suggested that the pointer might not slide around like it was on drugs if I disabled the built-in mouse, but I can't figure out how. By magic, the external mouse worked perfectly this morning when the power cable was not attached, but the battery drains very quickly and when I plugged the AC back in, the external mouse stopped working altogether. I tried to read the User's manual for ideas on fixing the situation, but it was useless in regard to mouses. It did, however, give me some free therapy:

If problem-solving is taking a long time, take a break.

If you have been fighting to solve a problem for a long time, you are probably frustrated by now. Stand up and take a deep breath. Often, you can find a new solution to a problem just by stepping away from it for a few minutes.
It's the Kinder, Gentler Toshiba: It holds my hand but isn't very useful.

Excuse me, I have to go register for a breadbox.