Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Dear Senator Kerry,

This is a difficult letter for me to write. I have every hope that you will be the next President of my country, and I do not wish to disappoint you.

Thank you for your letter. It was so kind of you to call me "Friend."

My concern began in the third paragraph, when you referred to "our Party," and was exacerbated in the fourth when you stated that "[I] have stood with [y]our campaign through thick and thin." I don't know how to tell you this, but I am not a Democrat. I know I voted in the Democratic Primary Election this past March, but I am registered Undeclared and have every intention of remaining that way. Frankly, it would take a great deal more than you are offering for me to consider aligning myself with either party. Also, you should know that I voted for Howard Dean, despite the fact that he'd dropped out of the race. I truly felt that he was the best man for the job, and wished to show that with my vote. Rest assured, however, that I will vote John Kerry in November.

I hope this clears matters up. You seem like a very nice man, but I will be spending the $35 you requested at the supermarket, or maybe even the bookstore.

Hugs and Kisses,
Annika