Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I am so fantastically full of myself.

I love my birthday. Loooooooove it. Love, love LOVE it! My entire life I have celebrated not just the one day that is the anniversary of my birth but several weeks (sometimes months) leading up to and surrounding it. The only holiday all year that I like more than my birthday is Christmas, and that is mostly because "Santa Baby" sounds silly the rest of the year, and I get odd looks if I am caught watching White Christmas 11 months out of the year. (Oh, OK, it is really because I love making other people happy and Christmas is the perfect occasion for an overdose of cheer.)

But back to my birthday.

It is on July 6th, which is a Tuesday this year. I will be celebrating in the normal fashion, by opening lots of presents, squealing a lot, and eating sushi. I am really very excited.

I made myself wait until after Memorial Day to start my celebration. Well, it's after Memorial Day and you'll find a countdown on the sidebar, beneath the Archives. You will also find a link to my Amazon.com wishlist. As selfish as I am in regard to my birthday, I do not expect pressies. I merely wish to make it easier on those of you who were already planning to get me a little something. I've ranked every item on the list but there isn't anything on there that I don't want.

Yay! It's my birthday!