Tuesday, May 25, 2004

And now for something slightly different.

In the interest of not driving my future husband completely mad, I thought I might post about something other than my internet trials and tribulations. (As an interesting note, I had to look up tribulations because that phrase is the only context in which I have ever heard it. Turns out the phrase is slightly redundant. That seems fitting.)

I can't think of anything to write about, though. I could mention that I'm working out and every inch of my body hurts, but, well, I hurt too much to talk about it. I could wax poetic abut the joys of Deadwood, but it would be easier to just link to suki's blog (AdventureWorld on the sidebar). I could discuss the latest wedding snafu (which is actually ongoing), but that might make me ill and anyway it isn't an issue for the wedding itself and therefore possibly Not Of General Interest.

Have any of you read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? I picked it up in an airport in transit to or from my Grandfather's funeral last September. It's Young Adult literature, which is hit or miss, but this one is a hit. It's being made into a movie which is either currently filming or about to start. There are four girls whose stories are told in the book, and Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia) is playing one of them (Tibby). According to imdb, Alexis Bledel is playing another. The other two, as well as a fifth girl around whom Tibby's story centers, are actresses I am not familiar with, though one was in Real Women Have Curves, which I kind of meant to see. The imdb listing is here, though of course they are generally unreliable for unfinished movies. Anyway, my point - and I did have one - is that I really enjoyed this novel and I wondered if any of my readers had picked it up. If not, and if you are not allergic to stories about teenage girls, I do recommend it. (There is a sequel, but I am not going to read it until a trade paperback is released.)

That was nice and random, wasn't it?