Saturday, May 22, 2004

I do whatever the P@rix tells me to.

1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph

I am using the Wild Cards series, books I through V. I know I didn't have to specify, but I did anyway. It should be noted that I have only actually read the first two books.

"Years later, when I saw Michael Rennie come out of that flying saucer in The Day The Earth Stood Still, I leaned over to my wife and said, "Now that's the way an alien ought to look." It took a moment to sink in, but when it did, Jube knew he had his answer. The late summer sun was soothing on her bare arms and face. The camp was only part of it. Joey laughed."

Boy, does that ever not make any sense. Even for science fiction.