Friday, May 21, 2004

"I'm afraid my love, it must be true..."

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Darren is planning to move here. He has a "two year plan." This is a Good Thing, even better than anything Martha could come up with (and I love Martha). D's situation is complicated slightly by his 14-year-old daughter, so I was, frankly, not counting on ever living in the same city as him again (unless we lost all of our marbles and moved back to Pittsburgh). But he is saving his pennies and it looks like it is really going to happen. He called us twice yesterday to make sure it was really all right with us. I believe it is time for a rousing chorus of "Duh!"

It is my fondest dream to start a production company. It's a while down the road, but I want to develop some of the television ideas we've got, and maybe movies as well. The three of us (Will, Darren and I) are all of a creative bent, though the boys are miles ahead of me in sheer creative energy. They worked together (with some input from me) on our first TV idea a few years ago. Whenever Will and I have talked (idly, I admit) about starting this company for real, Darren is the first name that comes up. We have several friends we'd love to work with in one capacity or another, but he is the one we can't do without.

I am trying not to get my expectations up. I don't know how long it will take for Darren to get out here, and I don't know where Will and I will be at that point (not geographically, just life in general). But damn, it is hard not to plan.

Our digital camera was put to use quite a bit during D's visit a few weeks ago. The results can be viewed here. Please take a moment to admire my handsome boys (and, oddly, my feet: there seem to be two pictures of them).