Thursday, July 15, 2004

UPS teams up with the maintenance crew at my apartment building.

I got a postcard on Tuesday from UPS telling me that they'd attempted delivery of a package three times and were now holding it downtown.

Knowing that I'd been home on all three days, I called UPS to find out what the hell was up. They gave me the times of the delivery attempts and I was positive I'd been home. They also told me that it was an overnight air package, which means that someone paid for express shipping and didn't get it.

Two weeks ago, the building manager requested our phone number to reprogram the intercom system. The first delivery attempt was one week ago, which is surely more than enough time to have gotten the intercom working (especially when they should have had our phone number in their files to begin with).

So I went down to the office and asked if the intercom was working. The manager wasn't in and the man sitting at the desk was a surly type and told me that if I'd given my phone number, it was working. I didn't believe him at all, and checked myself. It seemed to work, but it was hard to tell since I wasn't home to answer. I called UPS, fingers crossed, and asked them to re-deliver.

As of 9:15 this morning, I am the owner of John Linnel's State Songs. Yay! This lovely gift comes from Mister Simon Ball, who I most sincerely hope did not pay extra for shipping. Thank you, Simon!

The arrival of this CD prompted me to come up with an idea for a bumper sticker: My Other Husband is a John. It has so many meanings! I am brilliant.