Tuesday, January 11, 2005

OHMYGOODNESS!

So, it stopped raining. Of course, it waited long enough to do so that an entire mountain (well, it's what Angelinos call a mountain - more of a mole hill if you're from the northeast) in La Somethingorother, north of Van Nuys (pronunciation: van eyes), collapsed and buried a lot of houses and possibly people. Very bad.

But! I cannot bring myself to be too terribly distraught about it. Maybe I am a callous, heartless bitch, but damn it! THE SUN IS SHINING!

I called Jenn at about 9:05 this morning. Just because the sun is out. She asked if I wanted to hang out this evening and I said "maybe." She acted all pretend (I hope) offended, and I said, "Lady! I just woke up." She said she knows, and I am awfully cheerful. (To say that I am not a morning person would be like saying the Christians think Jesus is just all right.) Of course I am! THE SUN IS SHINING!

I have been so depressed over the last week, and when I woke up this morning it just all fell away. I mean, it's not magic; I'm sure I'll be grumpy again soon. But this feels so nice.