Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Six degrees of Deadwood

I am connected by one degree to the entire cast of Deadwood. Ask me how!

OK, I'll tell you. When I was 13, I was in a theatre group called the Sullivan Street Players. Also in that group was a lovely (stunningly gorgeous might be more accurate) girl named Sarah Paulson, the best and most serious actor among us. We were in two performances together, and in one show she was the lead in a (totally crappy) scene that I wrote. As of this past Sunday night, Sarah is playing Sophia's tutor on Deadwood.

I have lots of stories about how wonderful Sarah is - or at least, was. I haven't seen her in 13 years. I also have a picture of us together. As soon as I am near a scanner, you can bet I'll be posting that! But first, I'd better get finished with those wedding pics. I think I noticed a death threat or two in the Preview post.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I have just discovered that Bobby Lopez, the boy who wrote the songs for the Sullivan Street Players, went on to be Robert Lopez who wrote Avenue Q. HOLY SHIT!