Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Spring Fever

I remarked the other day that I am not feeling so dissatisfied with our apartment lately as I have been in the last few months. I am still very, very ready to move, but not to the detriment of day-to-day life.

Will said that perhaps I'd been suffering from Spring Fever. It made sense, but now I believe that the fever is just beginning.

  • Domestic Goddess (not me) makes blueberry pie. I would love to spend hours in my kitchen. I require some gnomes to clean up after me (without getting in my way - a tricky proposition).

  • I desire single-purpose cookware.

  • Partially at my suggestion, Jenn recently purchased this bookcase (larger size, darkest color). While I do not want any more IKEA furniture ever, I love the style and it got me thinking about how I'd like to just redo our furnishings. Keep a few beloved pieces and completely start over with everything else.

  • Staying at Will's sister's house a few weeks ago didn't help, since it is essentially our dream home. I am so in love with her house that I didn't even play my usual game of mentally arranging our furniture there (which I do in pretty much every home I visit - if I've been to your place, I have almost certainly envisioned my things there). I did mentally decorate the room we stayed in, but with items we do not own.

  • Also - Nero Wolfe? Bad influence.

  • A new favorite shop to browse.

  • If we may turn our attention briefly to clothes, there are only 2 or 3 blouses I don't care for on this page.

  • On both the clothing and domestic fronts, I am making this thingy as soon as I get to the shop to pick up the yarn. Also, I have to remember to buy circular needles, because I don't have any and there is certainly no way in hell I'd try this on double pointed needles even if I had the right sizes. It will be done in a fabulous (and slightly pricey) multi-color yarn that Will picked. (That is, he picked the color - I chose the yarn itself.)

  • Did I mention that I am really itching to do some home decoration?

  • I am listening to The Smiths. Draw your own conclusions. I will, however, rule out suicidal feelings.