Friday, November 11, 2005

And then I rubbed oil all over my belly.

Special oil.

In the absence of anything interesting to write about, I thought I'd post both a list of what I bought at Whole Foods last evening, and a list of what I plan to buy at Trader Joe's and Ralphs today.

Whole Foods

  • food-based Prenatals
  • Expecting Mother oil
  • green split-peas (I prefer yellow but they don't carry them)
  • tofu, extra firm
  • unfiltered apple juice
  • chicken stock
  • aged cheddar cheese
  • stew beef
  • potatoes
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • carrots
  • mustard greens
  • kale
  • tomatoes
  • brussel sprouts
  • Annie's salad dressings, Sesame-Ginger and Goddess
  • mixed baby greens

Trader Joe's
  • Sicilian wine
  • fresh-baked bread
  • sweet cream butter
  • more potatoes
  • onions
  • limes?
  • flour
  • salt
  • olives
  • whole wheat pasta
  • peppermint tea
  • soy milk
  • nuts

Ralphs
  • mushrooms (would have bought at Whole Foods if I'd realized)
  • Italian bread
  • provolone, American, Swiss
  • kilbasa
  • orange juice
And we also need pepperoni, but the really good stuff, so I will probably have to go to the butcher.