Monday, November 21, 2005

Meme

I'm always saying that I don't do these things, but I like this one (or really, it looks like two squished together). So there.

Ten years ago
I had just taken the SATs and the test for the GED (high school equivalency degree) and was about to move back to New York City to work my infamous film festival job.

Five years ago
I had just begun working at USA Today, which enabled me to drink all the time to try to forget that Will had left me and never wanted to see me again.

One year ago
Will and I were freshly married and very busy telling everyone that no, nothing was different, damn it. Also I was preparing a Thanksgiving dinner for ten, just like I am this week, and dealing with a leaky ceiling.

Five yummy things

  • pumpkin soup
  • mashed potatoes
  • cranberry sauce
  • brussel sprouts
  • dressing/stuffing

Five songs I know by heart
  • "American Pie" by Don McLean
  • "Three Imaginary Boys" by the Cure
  • "Last Song About Satan" by Slim Cessna's Auto Club
  • "Falling For You" by Weezer
  • "I Know It" by Madonna

Five things I would do with a LOT of money
  • pay debts
  • buy house (in LA) and flat (in NY)
  • travel (top priorities US Southwest and UK/Europe)
  • save/invest
  • PRESENTS!

Five things I would never wear
  • flip-flops to formal events (my own wedding DOES NOT COUNT)
  • tapered pants
  • a teensy backpack
  • the bones of my enemies (sadly)
  • store-bought maxi pads (and I'm phasing out pantyliners)

Five favourite TV shows
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • A Nero Wolfe Mystery
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Wonderfalls
  • The Young Ones

Five things I enjoy doing
  • sleeping
  • eating
  • cooking
  • snuggling
  • knitting

Five people I want to inflict this on
Homey don't play that.