Friday, February 10, 2006

25 weeks

Will listened to the baby's heartbeat yesterday. I wish I could record his imitation of it and share it with you all, as it was the cutest sound I have ever heard that wasn't actually the heartbeat. (With a fetoscope, I cannot listen as the cord is too short. I haven't heard the baby since 10 weeks, though as Will points out I do get to feel it every day.)

The baby reclines sideways, butt in my pelvis, and moves very quickly whenever anyone tries to find him. Yesterday he started out head on my left side and flipped in a split second to hide from Daddy (inadvertantly making the heartbeat easier to find).

I am saying "he" for no scientific reason whatsoever.

My uterus measures 25 centimeters. I felt a bit of intestine when I was poking around to find the top of the uterus. It was gross - it sort of slid out from under my fingers.

Froggy weighs approximately a pound and a half. I weight 159 pounds.

In the first picture you can see how very tired I was. There is no front-on shot, as I was in my underpants. (They are Christmas-y.)