Monday, February 13, 2006

a letter to the man asleep in our bed.

Hey.

I know you're feeling wretched today, so I won't bother you.

I just wanted to tell you a few things, in case you didn't know.

You are my sunshine. Like the silly song. You are the reason I wake up in the morning.

You are the one person who can make me laugh no matter what.

You are totally awesome. Kind and sweet and brilliant and the best person I know. Sometimes, I like you more than I like myself.

I can't imagine not knowing you. I can't fathom not being with you. I can't be anywhere but here with you, creating this family together.

I can't believe that only eight years ago we were teetering on the edge of this huge thing, and had no idea.

Happy anniversary.

I didn't get you a present or buy you flowers or anything.

I did get pizza and make juice. And later I'll help you find all the hidden packages in Vice City.

It's not very indicative of how I'd like to spoil you, but I think you understand.

I love you.