Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Happy Chompo to Frances!

And to K also!

Twenty-five years ago � a quarter of a century in your earth years � my sister came into the world. Well, she came into Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, which is close enough. I probably tell this story every year. But, you know, until froggy comes, hers was the only birth I've participated in that was not my own. I cut her cord. Needless to say, she has the cutest bellybutton on the planet. After she was born my father and I walked to the corner to get a newspaper. I told the man running the stand all about the placenta. Poor man, I do believe he was traumatised by the site of a not-quite-three-year-old describing such a thing.

But this is about K. Happy birthday, original Tiny Dancer. Your namesake is choreographing a celebratory interpretive dance based upon the music of my intestines. It should be good and gross. In the meantime, eat some cake! It is good for you on your birthday.