Wednesday, March 01, 2006

the exception

(It was all I could do to refrain from being cute and writing "EX-ception," though of course my restraint is less impressive since I just had to tell you about it.)

So, you know all about my jealousy issues and how I am totally crazy and hate all of Will's exes and in fact all women ever. What I didn't mention is the exception to the rule: Yojo. Now, technically, she is not his ex. They never dated or whatever. They were friends who every once in a while had sex.

I met Yojo my first semester in college, and Will my second. Their "thing" was in the past at this point. Yojo stayed with me over that summer, and a few years later when Will and I were separated she and I were roommates. She is one of the best friends I have ever had. She or Will can bring up their past, er, indescretions, at any time and in any context and it never, ever bothers me.

I have no explanation for this uncharacteristic behavior on my part.