Sunday, April 16, 2006

In which I rocket into the 21st century.

Last week we had dinner with some fellows who were checking their ebay auctions via electronic handheld thingy (Blackberry? Treo? Blackmagic?).

The last time I used ebay was in 1999 or 2000 when we bought some Time Life books on the Old West and a collection of Vespa buttons (back then, those were for me). Oh, and a 'rare' video that turned out to be a crappy dub and I never left negative feedback and have been irritated with myself ever since.

Anyway.

Today I placed several bids. All on...diapers. Yes, I am bidding on diapers. I want to supplement the fitted ones with prefolds and also pick up a few (used) other styles to see what works best for us. I have already won an auction (three dozen Chinese prefolds for $25) and the glowing feeling is almost unbearable. No wonder people go crazy and get addicted to online auctions.

Eek! I have to go, I've been outbid on a diaper that won't fit my child for a year.