Tuesday, May 09, 2006

insomnia

I am starting to think that being kept up all night by the baby would be preferable to this. At least I will have someone to talk to! I've been up since about 4:00 and by the time I am able to fall asleep again I won't be able to as I have a 9:30 appointment.

I am still doggedly trying (sloooowly) to make the sewn wrap-style diaper covers. I have gotten as far as cutting out the pieces, and it isn't going well. Between the laminate fabric (slippy!) and the knit fabric (stretchy and uncooperative) I nearly had a nervous breakdown on Saturday. Luckily Will noticed the signs of exhaustion and forced me to go to bed. Even at my most awake and refreshed, though, this is not going so well. I don't think I will be starting a career as a seamstress anytime soon. I'm doing just fine with the simpler sewing jobs, luckily, though my seams are still a bit unpredictable.

We looked at (that is, sat in) gliders on Sunday and like the most expensive one in the store. (I don't know that, but I didn't want to ask if any cost more than this one as it is plenty pricey.) Typical.

Will nearly cried when he saw how tiny baby socks are.

I did cry when I got the mail yesterday and had my first Mother's Day card.

My foot spontaneously swelled up the other day. Just the one. I took a bath and it went away. I also had three sips of wine and I think it got me drunk. Oopsie.

That's all I've got. I'm so tired I could cry.