Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Not a creature was stirring, not even the goddamn fish.

This ninth month insomnia stuff is really adorable. So cute I'd like to stick a fork in its eye.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could get stuff done while I am Not Asleep. However, I can't make noise or do anything that requires leaving the house, thinking, concentrating, or pants. This doesn't leave many activities. Pretty much mindless staring at the computer, and knitting. I am doing both, and still bored.

Will has just woken up. His throat is bothering him and he can't sleep without me. And Hedley (the fish) just stirred. So perhaps it is morning. Yay.

The grandparents (my in-laws) are sending us a check for nursery furniture. I've been asked to tell them what we need and how much the check should be for. (Tempting!) I think we will use the money for a rocking chair, as I have always wanted one and now seems a good time to have it (though with my luck we will get a baby who is only soothed by pacing). On the other hand, it would be nice to have a good dresser, or put the money toward the stroller. What do you think?

(By the way, I am going to leave anonymous comments and comment moderation both on for the time being. Living on the edge!)