Thursday, May 04, 2006

Holy packages, Batman!

Yesterday was Delivery Day. Not the baby kind, but the baby gift kind. (Can you imagine if I'd already had the baby? Me neither.)

First came UPS with the homebirth kit (lots of waterproof things) and a box of diapers from my crack dealer Mom. These things are so fabulous. I am trying to convince her to purchase a license to use the pattern and go pro.

In the afternoon the post office brought a box of unbearably cute clothing from Will's mother and a box of assorted handknit soakers from Joni. They are super-cute and I believe her babies used them, which makes them extra special.

Today I'm expecting UPS again (scheduled redelivery), though I don't have the slightest idea what they're bringing this time.

This having a baby thing is an awful lot like Christmas.