Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Perfection.

In May, Will's father visited. While he was here, he bought me a fuchsia plant for the front balcony. I wanted a fuchsia specifically because there are some hummingbirds who hang around the trees outside of our building and I was hoping to lure them to my yummy plant.

This morning, as I was watching The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, I glanced out the screen door and saw a hummingbird flittering about my plant. It actually ate from one of the few open blossoms! I almost died of happiness.

Tomorrow, my friend John arrives at LAX for a long weekend of debauchery. (By debauchery, I mean that we will watch The Two Towers and a whole lot of Buffy.) We haven't seen each other since I was last in Chicago, about 13 months ago. I am So. Fucking. Excited.