Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Don't I look like a dog person?

I guess not. I mean, I'm little, and a girl.

I was walking home this morning from cashing my check and buying milk, and there was a man on my corner with a beautiful, beautiful dog. I stepped aside a little when I stepped up onto the curb, because I didn't want to invade the pretty dog's space, but I guess the human thought I was avoiding her, because he said "She's all right," presumably meaning that she wouldn't bite me. Of course she wouldn't bite me! She was totally calm, just enjoying the sunshine. Still, I guess it was nice of him to assuage my nonexistent fear. I mean, supposing I was terrified of dogs! Of course, then his reassurances would probably not have helped. Anyway, I said, "No, she's beautiful," and asked what breed she is. I am terrible with breeds, even purebreeds. She was a Rottweiler-Beagle mix, which I really can't imagine except that I saw it with my own eyes.

I don't really understand why people are so terrified of Rottweilers. I've known a few, and they were the nicest dogs I have ever met. Ditto Pit Bulls. In fact, my favorite Rottweiler was about twice as big as me (seriously, he was enormous) and was the most mellow, friendly dog on earth. I think his name was Randy. His owner is the only person I've ever known who was murdered.

Anyway.

I have a pressing problem. I am up to Fool For Love on my Buffy season 5 DVDs, and I don't feel like watching it. I have had enough Spike. But I don't want to skip! I've gone totally in order so far!