Monday, January 05, 2004

Owwwww.

My calves are very sore.

On Friday we hiked through The Devil's Punchbowl, a strange formation of rocks in the Angeles National Forest. There are pictures of it from last year in my Yahoo photo album, but I forgot to bring our camera this time. Wanda took some photos, though, so maybe I will eventually have copies.

Saturday was a day of (physical) rest, as we played Deadlands and then had dinner with Jenn's sister Morena and assorted friends. Sunday we drove to Malibu and went to the beach. Our preferred beach is accessed by a long set of stairs. I didn't go in the water (it was cold, damn it), but Will did, and Wanda too (she's crazy - she went in the water), and Shelby built a sandcastle. We also saw dolphins.

I did some leg lifts this morning but had to stop rather quickly as I couldn't breath. I think I'll just go up and down the stairs a few times later, and maybe walk around the block. If I keep exercising my legs, they'll get stronger and stop hurting, right?

As we all ought to know, I don't make resolutions. However, on January 1st I did keep a promise I'd made. I've had my bellybutton pierced for seven and a half years. It never healed properly. The scar tissue around the piercing is pink-ish, and it gets infected at least once a year. The last time it got infected, in December, I made the same vow I do every time: As soon as it's healed, I am taking out the jewelry and allowing it to close up. For the first time, I followed through. I kind of miss having it there to play with, but I suspect that such behavior was contributing to the infections, so it is for the best. Next time I will pierce my snood instead.

In closing, a note to my stalkers: I will be working on a new and improved template over the next week or so. If there is anything you've always wanted to see here, please tell me now.