Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Domestic Goddess? Not quite. But I think I'll keep me anyway.

I haven't actually done the math, but I believe I was on the telephone for over five hours today. My ears hurt! Most of it was a single conversation, with Stacey. I would write about that, but she and I joked that I would, so I'm fresh out of material. It would feel unoriginal, I think. I also talked to Will, which is not an unusual occurrence, but his reason for calling me was. I also talked to Jenn.

Needless to say, though all of these chats were lovely, I am never answering the telephone again.

While Stacey and I talked (and talked and talked), I cleaned the bathroom. I also put a pork loin in to roast (and roast and roast). If all goes according to plan, will be pulled pork when it's finished. If you don't know what that is, you have presumably never been to the south. That's OK. I haven't really either. Anyway, it's been in the oven for nearly three hours now, and the place smells delightful.

I might vacuum in a little while, and clean the kitchen floor and wash the dishes. Then again, I might not. I'm feeling pretty accomplished already.